The BioSmart Gravity Filters are a multi-stage mechanical and biological filtration system in a compact package, designed for medium ponds or for ponds with moderate biological load (some fish).
During biological filtration, the water is channeled through a series of filter foams that create a special environment by allowing the settling of beneficial bacteria. During this stage, harmful ammonia and nitrites are converted to nitrates, which support plant life in the pond.
- Innovative Flow-Through filter design provides maximum oxygenation
- High-surface area filter foams provide exceptional biological filtration capability
- Distinct filter zones promote the settlement of a variety of beneficial bacterial responsible for different phases of the nitrogen cycle, which increases the conversion of harmful ammonia in your pond
- Advanced features include the built-in cleaning indicator notifies you when the filter needs cleaned and water temperature display tells you the water temperature at all times
- Cleaning handles for convenient maintenance allow for easy cleaning without needing to remove or manually unclog the filter foams
- After clearing the filter foams, the sludge drain can be opened for easy removal of coarse debris from the unit
- For best results and clear water guaranteed, use with an appropriately sized OASE pump and UV clarifier
- 3 year warranty