An innovative approach to improving pond balance, Nualgi Ponds is built on a nano silica base with our patented formula of 12 essential elements that safely help restore the natural balance, improve water quality and control nuisance algae.
Engineered specifically to benefit the health of your aquatic plants and fish, Nualgi Ponds is easy to use, efficient, and yields rapid results. **Nualgi has a 3 year shelf-life!**
What Are the Benefits of Using Nualgi Ponds?
- MAKES NUISANCE ALGAE STARVE NATURALLY – Nualgi Ponds promotes the growth of a beneficial population of diatoms, which grow and dominate in a short span of time. The spurt in growth of diatoms consumes excess nutrients from the water, which leaves nothing for nuisance algae and ultimately leads to its demise.
- CREATES A HEALTHIER AND CLEANER HABITAT – The growth of diatoms leads to more oxygen in the water which provides fishes a healthier habitat. Diatoms are consumed by zooplankton and zooplankton are the favorite food of fish. With more oxygen and natural food, fish become healthy, vibrant, less disease prone and more active.
- IMPROVES WATER QUALITY SIGNIFICANTLY – Oxygen released by diatoms becomes available to beneficial aerobic bacteria. With addition of Nualgi Ponds, the aerobic bacteria multiply and consume organic waste from fish waste and left-over fish food, more quickly leaving the water clean and sparkling.
- MAKES YOUR POND PLANTS MORE VIBRANT – Nualgi nutrients go to plants that also need the vital micro-nutrients for their color, growth and vibrancy. With Nualgi Ponds, your plants will thrive and make your aquatic plants thrive.
- REQUIRES FEWER WATER CHANGES – Pond owners know how tedious water changes are. With Nualgi Ponds, the water changes are minimized with improved water quality and better bio filtration. You can significantly lower your monthly water changing exercise as your water remains fresh and well oxygenated.
|Bottle Size||Gallons of Water Treated||Cost to treat 5,000 Gallons|
How does Nualgi Ponds work?
Within 3 – 5 hours of applying Nualgi Ponds, a bloom of Diatom algae (the good kind!) will develop. The diatom algae bloom out-compete nuisance algae for CO2, N, P and other nutrients, causing the bad algae to die off. It then locks away some of the harmful nutrients in the new bio mass that is consumed as live food for your fish and zooplankton. The growth of diatoms provides oxygen to bacteria who in turn clean up the waste products of fish and leftovers. The exponential growth of diatoms provides oxygen to bacteria who in turn clean up the waste products of fish and leftovers. This natural process helps clean ponds and make their water sparkling while helping reduce bad odors.
How to Dose: It is important to know the volume of water in your pond before dosing Nualgi. Nualgi is dosed at 1ml per 1000 gallons per week in ponds with algae. If possible, Nualgi should be dosed early in the morning. For ponds under 5000 gallons with good flow, Nualgi can be dosed directly into the skimmer or the waterfall or some other area of good flow. For larger ponds, dilute the dosage in a jar of pond water and pour it in the accessible parts of the pond by walking around the periphery.
*Nualgi Pond should be dosed every 7 days.
**ALTERNATE DOSING FOR PONDS WITH SIGNIFICANT ALGAE BUILDUP: Nualgi Ponds should be dosed every 5 days where algae covers 20% of the Pond. Reduce dosage to once per 7 days after algae drops to 10% of the pond.
***You must turn the Iongen ionizer and UV Clarifier off when dosing Nualgi.
Here are some guidelines on dosing Nualgi in cooler weather to help your pond maintain a healthy bacteria population:
- Above 50° – Dose Nualgi Ponds every week.
- Between 40° & 50° – Dose Nualgi Ponds every other week.
- Below 40° – Dose Nualgi Ponds once every month.
- Below freezing – If your pond freezes, Nualgi Ponds will not be effective until the water temperature is again above freezing.