For All Bead & Biological Filters
Like most types of mechanical/biological filters, bead filters rely on the use of a media that provides a high surface area/volume ratio. This allows for support of the necessary amount of biomass, in the form of a biofilm, to properly remove organic and inorganic waste from the water, making it suitable for fish and other normal aquatic life. Within the biofilm it is possible to carry out aerobic, facultative anaerobic, anaerobic and chemosynthetic processes if all the necessary bacterial species are present.
Consequently, for these filters to function, it is necessary to have proper numbers and distribution of species. MICROBE-LIFT/Super Start contains aerobic heterotrophs, facultative anaerobes, anaerobic and chemotrophic bacteria capable of carrying out all of the necessary processes for optimum performance of bead filters.
- Rapid establishment of organic removal capabilities
- Rapid establishment of nitrogen cycling including nitrification and denitrification
- Reduces buildup of residue in the filter, decreasing maintenance and improving filter efficiency by avoiding “channeling”
- Rapid recovery of filter after use of medications and antibiotics
- Breakdown of residual medications, like tea tree oils and formalin products, which are inhibitory to most bacteria, after use
- Effective over a wide pH range
- Significantly reduces noxious odors caused by algae, fish, waste and urine
- Reduces hydrogen sulfide, which creates strong, offensive odors
- 32 oz. (MLBFBQ) Treats up to 500 gals. for 10 treatments or 1,000 gals. for 8 treatments.
- 1 Gal. (MLBFBG4) Treats up to 1,000 gals. for 32 treatments.