The new energy efficient 1.5 H.P. motor is made with high quality German made components. In suction tests, Matala Pond Vac II is four times more powerful than its competition with a suction lift 5’ above water.
Also known as the “Muck Buster”, the vacuum easily removes algae, sludge, dead plants, leaves and even small pebbles up to 3/8” in diameter.
The auto fill and drain cycles allow for water to fill the vacuum canister, then simply discharge water into garden beds. The on/off cycle is approximately 40 seconds vacuum and 20 seconds drain out. During the vacuum cycle the holding tank fills with dirty water. Once it is full the motor will turn off automatically. The dirty water will start to drain out the drain hose to the garden or yard drains. When it is empty, it turns itself back on automatically and continues to vacuum. Use the optional mesh bag to capture coarse debris before releasing the dirty water to the garden or yard drain. The dirty pond water is great for your garden plants! Do not return dirty water back to the pond. In this way you can use the vacuum to make monthly water changes. Safe for use in fish ponds and water gardens.
- The Muck Buster Vacuum II is perfect for hobbyist ponds up to 3000 gallons.
- The holding tank is approximately 4.5 gallon capacity.
- The 5 extension tubes are approximately 15 inches long each and can reach depths up to 6 feet.
- The suction hose is 16 feet long and the drain out hose is 8 feet long.
- Open yellow ring on handle for extended suction time. Close with finger for increased suction power.
- Place Vacuum tank up high so that drain out hose with flapper valve is lower than bottom of tank.
- Use smallest vacuum head possible for the job in order to prolong suction time.
- Periodically check the flapper valve on end of drain hose for obstructions and good movement.