The world's most successful and efficient low-wattage pond de-icer.
- Uses only 100 Watts
- Maintains a hole in backyard pond ice for just pennies a day.
- Floats on top of the water.
- Thermostatically controlled never to get hot.
- Completely safe when used with a pond liner or plastic pond.
- Fish friendly - helps toxic gases escape to maintain a healthy environment for fish living under the ice.
- Tested in northern Wisconsin at temperatures of 30° below zero Fahrenheit.
- One-year limited warranty.
The K&H Thermo-Pond 3.0 is a unique de-icer that maintains a hole in pond ice for just pennies a day. It's the world's most successful energy efficient pond heater!
An open hole in pond ice allows proper gas exchange and helps fish survive the winter. The Thermo-Pond 3.0 facilitates this exchange by maintaining a 12-inch hole in pond ice, even in sub-zero weather. Add this K&H pond de-icer to create a healthier environment for your fish this winter.
While other high-wattage de-icers can drive electric bills through the roof, the K&H Thermo-Pond 3.0 is easy on your budget. It consumes a mere 100 watts of power and operates for just pennies a day. With the money you'll save compared to running a traditional pond de-icer, the Thermo-Pond 3.0 can pay for itself in a few months.
Internal thermostats automatically turn the floating Thermo-Pond 3.0 on and off as needed. Our specialized technology ensures that your pond de-icer will only run as often as needed to maintain a 12-inch hole in the ice. Unlike some other heaters, Thermo-Pond will never burn a pond liner or plastic pond.
The K&H Thermo-Pond 3.0 has been tested and certified by MET Labs to meet their high standards for electrical product safety. This deicer will not burn your pond or liner and will not harm your fish.
Care & Instructions
Minimum Depth Requirement
Please make sure your pond has a depth of at least 18 inches.
Already Frozen Ponds
- If the ice on your pond is more than 2 inches thick, drill a hole with an ice auger and place the Thermo-Pond over the hole. Do not chop through the ice in smaller ponds as the shock waves can damage or kill your fish.
- If the ice is only 1 or 2 inches thick, place the Thermo-Pond on the ice and it will melt its way through the ice.
- Try to position your Thermo-Pond within arm’s reach of shore to avoid walking on thin ice.
- Snow and ice should be removed from the top of your Thermo-Pond.
- Always keep safety as your number one priority. Never walk on thin ice.
- Please consult your pond professional on tips for overwintering fish.